5 Night Safari with us!
If you wonder how a safari would unfold, here is an example of how a safari of 5 nights with us would be, exploring the Chyulu Hills, Amboseli and Tsavo National Parks!
- Leave Nairobi Wilson in the late morning, for a 1-hour flight to Campi ya Kanzi. The airstrip is 10-minute game drive from the lodge. Campi ya Kanzi staff, with Claudia and Luca, will be welcoming you and give you a briefing of where we are and what can be arranged for you.
- Lunch will be at cozy at Tembo House, the heart of the lodge.
- In the afternoon, you can do a game walk of about 90 minutes, with a local Maasai guide, who will take you to Longido, a magnificent look-out hill, more than 500,000,000 (yes 500 hundred million!) years old. Then a dusk game drive back to the lodge, for a 5-course candlelight Italian dinner.
- After tea or coffee brought by a Maasai attendant to your tent, enjoy a game drive in Kanzi Conservancy, where lions, cheetah, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, impalas, hartebeest roam plentifully. Then you could enjoy a game walk, or experience the special pleasure of riding a horse next to zebras and giraffes. Breakfast could be served in the bush or at Tembo House.
- Another possibility would be flying to Amboseli National Park, where the elephant experience is simply superb.
- The afternoon could be spent relaxing at the swimming pool, or enjoying a massage, or with a beautiful game drive to Okoikuma, a hill dominating the plains from Mt. Kilimanjaro. Then a dusk game drive back to the lodge.
- After breakfast al fresco, under a huge fig free outside of Tembo House, a game drive will take you up into the Chyulu hills, where you could enjoy a stroll or a hike in the Cloud Forest. The forest is spectacular, with an immense diversity of trees, shrubs, flowers, birds, and wildlife.
- You will return to Campi ya Kanzi for lunch and the afternoon could be spent with a lovely walk to a special place, which could be reached also by horse-back riding or with a game drive. We will surprise you with an unforgettable dinner!
- You will leave Campi ya Kanzi, heading to Chyulu Club, in Tsavo. This morning could have many different choices of activities: a scenic flight to either Kilimanjaro or over Tsavo, a game drive or a cultural immersion in the Maasai village, with the option to visit Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust HQ, to learn about its programs. Lunch will be al fresco, at the Acacia Cafè of Chyulu Club, which is the first lodge in Africa to not just be carbon neutral, but carbon negative, with an afforestation program.
- Afternoon will be spent with a lovely game drive in the marvelous Olpusare Conservancy, where we often see elephant, buffalo, wildebeest, lesser kudu, oryx, eland, cheetah, leopard, and lion.
- Dinner under the stars in front of the spring, at Chyulu Club.
- We will spend this day in the endless wilderness of Tsavo, visiting the splendid Mzima spring, where hippo, vervet and Syke’s monkeys are the landlords. During this game drive is possible to see rhino, as well as very many species of mammals and birds. Our record is 33 different species of mammals during this trip! Try to beat it! The geology of the landscape is mindboggling: from rocks more than a billion years old, to Shaitani – a lava flow just a couple of centuries old.
- Dinner at Chyulu Club will have a special Maasai farewell.
- Time to say goodbye to your new home in Africa: after breakfast, we will fly you to either Nairobi or to your next safari destination.