African Safari Kenya
If your concept of luxury safari is based on plunge pools, spas, fancy lighting, marble in the bathrooms, WIFI in the wilderness and the associated unsustainable uses of generators and of water (the scarcest resource in Africa), Campi ya Kanzi is NOT the product for you.
We believe in a different type of luxury: a gin and tonic on a lookout hill in front of Kilimanjaro, with your Maasai tracker, in 283,000 acres of wilderness all for yourself (no other lodges within our Maasai reserve).
Download an example itinerary of a 5 Day Safari at Campi ya Kanzi!
We believe in being 100% solar (since our inception), we believe in cropping all of our water from the rains, without tapping into community wells or springs. We believe in being carbon neutral, by offsetting ALL of our carbon emissions, in favor of the Chyulu Hills REDD+ Carbon Project, run by Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
We trust that a safari experienced at Campi ya Kanzi will be one of the most precious memories you will treasure for years to come: walking with a Maasai guide in his land, tracking wildlife, trekking the cloud forest of the Chyulu Hills, the green hills of Africa of Ernest Hemingway, while being profoundly and authentically connected with the Maasai landlords who, with us, are the hosts.
A life changing experience, a journey of the souls. This is the appropriate luxury that we offer.
This is truly the most iconic safari land: Kilimanjaro dominates the view; elephants and lions roam free in true wilderness; giraffes and zebras cover the plains, and Maasai warriors contemplate.
Safari is quite a charming word. It is exotic and iconic at the same time. Safari means “voyage” or “expedition” in Kiswahili. With us your luxury safari will translate into a unique authentic experience: you will discover a vanishing Africa, explore an incredible wilderness, see amazing wildlife, while being deeply immerse in a fascinating culture and contributing to preserving it.
Campi ya Kanzi is a luxury eco lodge, the most awarded in East Africa and the first to be Gold rated by Ecotourism Kenya.
We will tailor-make your luxury safari to meet your needs. All will depend on your desires, the time of the year (game moves within the reserve and certain itineraries are better in certain time of the year) and the length of your stay. Let us know what your wishes and available days are and we will make your dream safari come true.
A safari with us will mean exploring Maasai wilderness with a Maasai tracker, being able to walk with him and learning how to read footprints and identify scats; it will also mean hiking into the cloud forest of the Chyulu Hills; it will mean seeing many different species of wildlife –but in complete privacy, not surrounded by other tourists.
Your guide will brief you about Campi ya Kanzi and discuss with you what safari activity you might prefer. We will learn from you what your interests are, what your previous African experiences have been, what you like most. With your help, we will tailor-make the perfect safari for you.
You will be able to choose from these diverse options:
- Game drives in open Land Rover, with your professional guide and Maasai tracker
- Walk, escorted by your guide and by your tracker, in the cloud forest, exploring a unique habitat
- Walk, escorted by your guide and by your tracker, in the savanna or to look-out hills
- Tailored safaris for keen birds watchers
- Tailored safaris for keen photographers
- Visit your Maasai tracker’s home, in his village, to learn about Maasai culture
- Horse-back riding
- Dine in the bush, for either breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Dine in a huge cave, where the Maasai where hiding the cattle they were raiding from the Wakamba, a tribe living on the other side of the Chyulu Hills.
- Stars gazing with lectures
- Visit the Trust programs in conservation, health, and education
- Excursion to Tsavo West National Park, where you can visit Mzima Springs and the Shetani Lava Flow
- Kilimanjaro scenic flight, followed by a champagne bush breakfast
- Air excursions to Tsavo or the Chyulu Hills, flying over the geoglyph sculptures by Andrew Rogers
- Air excursion to Amboseli National Park, where you can drive among elephants
- With advanced notice, we can also organize:
- Fly camping on the plains in front of Mount Kilimanjaro
- A special excursion to Tsavo East, at Ithumba camp, where you can visit orphan elephants reintroduced into the wilderness
- Yoga classes
- Transcendental Meditation course
Find out more about Kenya Safaris: