Introducing… the Volunteer Safari!
Would you like to effect positive change as you travel? Why not volunteer on vacation? Campi ya Kanzi and the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust are thrilled to introduce the new volunteer safari! Guests are invited to volunteer with MWCT for three weeks while also enjoying a discounted stay at Campi ya Kanzi. These guests will receive the same five-star treatment that Campi ya Kanzi is known for while also making a difference for the local Maasai community.
Are you ready to put your talents to use? By traveling to the Chyulu Hills and the Maasai-owned Kuku Group Ranch, you can support the local economy while also
helping to protect the wildlife and people who live here. Make an impact in the areas of conservation, education, and health as
you immerse yourself in the colorful Maasai culture and explore the
unspoiled wilderness of the Amboseli-Tsavo ecosystem. During your stay, you will live in a luxurious tented cottage, enjoy Italian cuisine at Tembo House, and split your time between safari and volunteer activities. Spend the morning teaching a science lesson to local Maasai schoolchildren, then take a game drive and watch the sun set over Mount Kilimanjaro with a refreshing gin and tonic. Vacation for a good cause and enjoy the trip of a lifetime as you promote positive change for the Maasai. Read on to learn how you can help.
The Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust is a non-profit organization in southern Kenya that works to protect wilderness, wildlife, and culture across the Amboseli-Tsavo ecosystem through projects that directly benefit the local Maasai community. MWCT has developed conservation, education, and health programs which demonstrate that the Maasai can thrive by managing their environment wisely. MWCT employs nearly 250 Kenyans and serves a population of 17,000 Maasai. To learn more about MWCT, visit www.maasaiwilderness.org.
• Accompany MWCT rangers on their monitoring patrols
• Place camera traps in various locations and analyze their photo data of wildlife
• Teach lessons about the environment in local primary schools
• Assist the doctor at a local health clinic
• Help with infant check-ups and immunizations
• Record patient data in medical files
• Assist with the dispensation of medicine at the pharmacy
• Give health talks in local primary schools
• Possible topics include HIV/AIDS, puberty, and substance abuse
• Teach guest lessons at a local school in the subject of your choice
• Assist the librarian at the Iltilal school library
• Help the teachers to prepare lessons, worksheets, and PowerPoint presentations
• Are you an artist? Paint a mural at a local school or health clinic.
• Are you a botanist? Assist the conservation team with rangeland monitoring.
• Are you a photographer? Take pictures for our website and social media platforms.
• Are you a blogger? Write about your volunteer experiences on the MWCT blog.Ready to sign up? For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.